Blind Man Is Left A Racist Note For Parking In Disabled Spot

A blind man was left a racist note on the windshield of his fiance's car after they parked in a disabled spot.

D'Anthony White and his partner had pulled up in the handicapped bay to visit the Silver Spring shopping centre in Maryland, USA on Sunday.

But the couple were horrified when they arrived back to the car to discover someone had left the abusive letter.

D'Anthony White (right) and his partner had pulled up in the handicapped bay to visit the Silver Spring shopping centre in Maryland, USA on Sunday - only to find the abusive note on their return

It read: 'The only thing handicap on you is your brain you LAZY n*****s.'

The furious Mr White, who does not use a cane or wear sunglasses, has slammed the ignorance of whoever was behind the note.

In a post on his Facebook page, he said: 'We went shopping today and parked in a handicapped space - made sure to display my placard. When we return to the car this was on the windshield.

Parents' anger at Sydney Archbishop's note sent home with... Uber's self driving car revealed: Secret project to take on...

'All disabilities aren't visible. And, everything you said was negated by using the N-word to address us.

'Ignorance like this is way too common place.'

The 30-year-old added that he had faced discrimination in the past because his disability is not always immediately evident.

The furious Mr White (right) who does not use a cane or wear sunglasses, has slammed the ignorance of whoever was behind the note

'Once, a bartender refused to serve me because he assumed I was holding on to James' shoulder because I was wasted,' he wrote on his Facebook page. 'I had to tell him it was because I had a vision impairment and couldn't see in the dark bar.

'Another time, a gate agent at the airport ignored me during the pre-board - even though I was sitting in the clearly marked handicapped row awaiting assistance.

'And, every day I take the train to work and hold and tap my blind cane people walk right into me. I must say there are some great Samaritans out there who help me navigate the dark train station and get out safely.

'I try not to let any of the ignorance bother me too much - then they've won. I keep going because it definitely beats the alternative! And, this bigot won't get me down either!'

But Mr White was determined to find the 'silver lining' from the abuse: 'I make disabled look good, obviously.'

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How Do I Renew My Handicap Placard

I’ve Lost My Disabled Parking Permit: How Do I Get A New One?

Šiaurės Italija. „Prosecco“ Atradimai